St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church
1500 Brookdale Road
Naperville, IL 60540
Confession is available Saturday from 3:30 to 4:00 PM in the Reconciliation Room of the chapel, and during the week by appointment.
Led by the Holy Spirit, rooted in the Eucharist, St. Thomas the Apostle strives to be an inclusive servant community — to be Christ in the World. We bear the Good News of God’s unconditional love to all generations through worship, faith formation, witness, and service.
1. “Go…and make disciples…” (Matthew 28). Claim the Great Commission by deepening and furthering efforts at evangelizing
• Youth and young adults
• Inactive and alienated Catholics
• Those seeking a deeper faith and relationship with Christ
• Those who would be candidates for the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults
2. Significantly increase “full, conscious, and active participation” of all parishioners in our liturgical, sacramental life, ministries, and spiritual renewal activities.
3. Improve communications and visibility to better identify and serve the spiritual and corporal needs of The People of God.
4. Engage in the ongoing spiritual formation of children and adults by initiating a process of intergenerational catechesis that encompasses all aspects of our Catholic faith including increasing awareness of
• Our call to mature in discipleship as baptized Christians
• Our responsibility as stewards of each other, our earth, and all God’s gifts
• The application of Catholic ethics, Social teachings and Scripture
5. Become a more inclusive, reconciling community, witnessing the connection between parish and secular life through small faith communities, neighborhood groups, ecumenical activities, and social events.
6. Reach out to others in need with the unconditional love of Jesus
• By fostering physical, spiritual, and emotional healing
• By being active in local, national, and international social justice issues
7. Ensure that every person will have a specific and ongoing experience of being invited, welcomed, and nurtured into the faith life of St. Thomas parish, especially young adults, students, single adults, the transient, the mentally/physically challenged, elderly, lonely, and those who feel separated from the Church for any reason.
8. Serve as effective stewards of our financial resources by developing and maintaining a parish budget that is aligned with our mission, parish plan, and goals which Provides for the continued effectiveness of the parish staff, facilities and programs Ensures that all major parish initiatives are tied to funding sources through rigorous financial planning.